MIIndful Manchester Launch
Application deadline: Friday 5th June
We are pleased to announce the Launch of our Well-being Support Network MIIndful Manchester.
The Institute have teamed up with Create Solutions Ltd and are offering you the chance to join one of their Mental Health Awareness Training course specifically designed to give volunteers the skills and knowledge to recognise a wide range of mental health conditions. It is a certified (NUCO Ltd) and those who complete the course will receive a certificate.
You will know how to start a supportive conversation and when and how to signpost a person to seek appropriate professional help. Also includes how to recognise and manage stress and understand other mental health conditions. You will also learn about starting a conversation around mental health and look at ways to implement a positive mental health culture in the workplace.
Certificate received once completed will be:
FAA Level 1 Award in Awareness of First Aid for Mental Health.
With this programme you will become a Well-being Supporter with the intention that you would be contactable to offer support to Institute members. The programme would also offer our members various CPD sessions and wellbeing activities and events.
Points to Consider:
- This programme is for CII members in the Manchester area.
- You need to be serious and committed to attaining this qualification. We are only taking a small number of people on this course and want them all to pass and be confident in their role. Ideally, we would expect the individual to offer their skills as a Well-Being Supporter for at least 12 months.
- You are expected to attend all the training sessions and dates are given in advance. We fully appreciate that you will have a busy job and life, but these dates will not be rearranged.
- A copy of photographic ID will need to be provided for the training company.
- All training sessions will be held online and joining instructions will be sent directly to attendees. Commitment will involve four x 1-hour sessions, registration form and an assessment, (but please allow 1hr 15 mins per session in your diary).
- Once trained, a Confidentiality Policy will be issued and expected to be acknowledged, agreed and signed. You will also receive an email address to use for contact purposes.
The training sessions which will be held online via Zoom and aim to start mid-June 2020.
We are looking for people who have an interest in being part of our MIIndful Manchester Programme. If you would like to get involved, please complete the application form below and email to email@example.com by Friday 5th June.