Insurance Act 2015 presentation
By Terry Renouf (Partner at BLM Law)
A pizza buffet will be available from 5.30pm for a 6pm start
An introduction to the Insurance Act 2015. The Insurance Act 2015 brings the law of insurance into the digital age and changes the obligations of both insurer and policyholder during the placement process. The Act also modifies the available remedies in the event of a material non-disclosure and substantially changes the law relating to terms and conditions. The Enterprise Bill last month proposes further change to the Insurance Act relating to the payment of claims.
Key Learning Outcomes/ Objectives
- Understand the new duty of fair presentation
- Understand the opportunities to contract out of the Act
- Understand the new “proportionate” remedies
- Understand the impact of “suspensive terms” where there is a breach of warranty
- Understand what is an “irrelevant” term when making a claim
- Understand whether a late payment may be actionable
Please contact Ben.Woodman@allianz.co.uk to book your space and advise if you have any special dietary requirements - thank you.
This demonstrates the quality of an event and that it meets CII member CPD scheme requirements.
1 hour's CPD can be claimed for this event if relevant to your learning and development needs.
It is recommended that you keep any evidence of the CPD activity you have completed and upload copies to the recording tool as the CII may ask to see this if your record is selected for review. Details of the scheme can be viewed online at www.cii.co.uk/cpd.