Speaker: David Williams, AXA Insurance
Thursday 10th May 2018
A pizza buffet will be available from 5.30pm for a 6pm start
at Pizza Express 32-34 Earl St, Maidstone, Kent ME14 1PF
The aim of this one hour session is to discuss the future of road transport and the implications for insurance
At the end of this event, the delegate will:
- Have gained an understanding of some of the Government backed consortia and why AXA and other insurers are involved in these
- Seen how the UK Insurance industry is responding and the workings of the ABI ADIG
- Understand details of the Government’s work with regard to making Connected and Autonomous Vehicles (CAV's) a reality for the UK
- Be aware of Possible Timelines for the various stages of Driver Assistance Systems moving through to fully autonomous driving
- Have discussed possible impacts of CAV's on the current insurance market, including changes to Motor and Public/Products Liability
David is the Technical Director at AXA Insurance – with Over 30 Years’ experience in General Insurance, roles including Chief Commercial Underwriter at one of AXA’s largest branches, Reinsurance Manager, Casualty Insurance Manager, Managing Director Claims and Managing Director of Underwriting . He is also Chair of The CII Underwriting Faculty and heavily involved in the Governments 'Connected and Autonomous Vehicle Pilots. Chair of RISC Authority and Board Member at the Fire Protection Association (FPA). A member of the AXA Group Commercial Board and has represented the UK on Asbestos, Health, Pollution and Fraud issues. He speaks regularly at conferences and other events in the UK and Europe on a variety of subjects including most recently Big Data, improving Customer Satisfaction and Climate Change. Has also appeared on BBC Breakfast TV, Channel 4 News, and Radio 4’s ‘Today’ Programme, being interviewed on topics varying from Driverless Cars, Climate Change and Flooding, Compensation Culture to Business Crime. Previously a member of the National Stakeholder Council for the Governments ‘Workplace Health Connect’ initiative, a Board Member of the CII Faculty of Claims, and was a Director of Thatcham, the Insurance Industry Motor Vehicle Research Institute for four years.
This demonstrates the quality of an event and that it meets CII member CPD scheme requirements.
1 hour's CPD can be claimed for this event if relevant to your learning and development needs.
It is recommended that you keep any evidence of the CPD activity you have completed and upload copies to the recording tool as the CII may ask to see this if your record is selected for review. Details of the scheme can be viewed online at www.cii.co.uk/cpd.