Webinar - Social Selling and Virtual Networking Confirmation
Social media has become an increasingly essential tool in the business world. With the advent of the internet driving the ‘Age of the Customer’, it is increasingly hard to engage with customers and prospects. This has been exacerbated by the new virtual world we now work in.
This 60 minute session demonstrates the importance of social media [specifically LinkedIn] and how to use it effectively to boost sales, build and leverage your network, build personal brand, and nurture and add value to existing relationships.
Content & Learning:
- Understand the importance of networking in the business world.
- Understand the change in dynamic between buyer and seller and the implications for sales prospecting.
- Understand how to set yourself up on LinkedIn, and best practices for getting started.
- Understand where to use social media and when to step outside and develop a more direct relationship.
Best practice tips and advice for the effective use of social media (specifically LinkedIn) for networking and new business acquisition
By the end of the webinar, participants will be able to understand:
- the importance of networking and some best practice tips
- Build your own network map – a simple structure to prioritise your actions.
- Appreciate the challenges of the virtual world
- Social media psychology
- The importance of social selling – the ‘age of the customer’ and meeting the buyer in his world.
- Starting out – building a network and credibility
- Your personal brand
- Joining social conversations
- Social selling for prospecting
- Social selling for nurturing relationships
When to use it and when to ‘step outside’
Nick Thomas - Biography
Nick offers a unique combination of skills in the UK insurance training sector – an industry sales specialist and a professional coach and trainer.
Nick is an Economics graduate with over 25 years corporate insurance broking experience.
He was a highly successful sales producer in the UK broking market before progressing into regional and then national sales leadership roles.
As National Development Director at HSBC, Nick was one of only 40 people from a global workforce of 265,000 selected as part of the STARS programme to recognise exceptional performance.
He is a highly trained consultative sales specialist, and his experience includes a secondment with a major management consultant to design a best practice sales process.
In the mid-2000s, Nick developed a chronic health condition; his journey to recovery fostered a new range of interests, and a passion for health, and performance. He studied widely, qualifying as a Master Practitioner in Neuro-Linguistic Programming (NLP), obtaining a Diploma in Life Coaching, before going on to study Corporate/Business Coaching with The Coaching Academy. Nick is also a qualified Holistic Lifestyle Coach and Advanced Exercise Coach.
In the last two years Nick has worked in a self-employed capacity in training, coaching, and consulting.
He works with a specialist adviser in Insurance sector M&A (Mergers & Acquisitions), and through Nick Thomas & Associates.
If you would like to take part in the session, please pre-register by following the link below
This demonstrates the quality of an event and that it meets CII member CPD scheme requirements.
1 hour's CPD can be claimed for this event if relevant to your learning and development needs.
It is recommended that you keep any evidence of the CPD activity you have completed and upload copies to the recording tool as the CII may ask to see this if your record is selected for review. Details of the scheme can be viewed online at www.cii.co.uk/cpd.