How to protect yourself from potential future claims
By attending this event, delegates will be able to describe:
- how claims can arise even where there is no obvious fault on the part of the adviser
- Importance of written records of conversations/fact finds etc
- Engagement letters esp. detailing scope of services
- Fact finds and evidencing reasons for recommendations
- Products which are recommended
- Whose responsibility it is to conduct future reviews
This session will be held on Webex
Philippa Hann, Clarke Willmott LLP
Philippa Hann has specialised in financial services litigation for well over a decade. Much to her team’s delight, she insists that they take the Diploma in Regulated Financial Planning. She has not made exception for herself. She acts both for those who give and receive advice.
- Professional negligence claims against IFAs and accountants for advice to invest in film partnerships.
- Acting for steel workers advised to transfer out of their DB Scheme
- Pension and IHT product misselling claims.
- Pension transfer claims.
- Negligent investment portfolio claims
- Foreign exchange trading claims
This demonstrates the quality of an event and that it meets CII member CPD scheme requirements.
1 hour's CPD can be claimed for this event if relevant to your learning and development needs.
It is recommended that you keep any evidence of the CPD activity you have completed and upload copies to the recording tool as the CII may ask to see this if your record is selected for review. Details of the scheme can be viewed online at www.cii.co.uk/cpd.