WEBINAR: Property Insurance Beyond Statements of Fact
This session builds on the topics covered during previous session entitled “Property Insurance – Statements of Fact – Jargon Buster” which is on 22nd April 2021
This session aims to explain some common risk control matters typically raised by property insurers during pre-contract negotiations and in their policy wordings.
Objectives By the end of this session, attendees will be able to:
- Explain what is meant by “Modern Methods of Construction” (MMC) and associated terminology including “modular”, “cross laminated timber”, “insulated render system” and “Aluminium Composite Materials”.
- Show an understanding of insurers concerns relating to MMC.
- List the key items that should be checked on an Electrical Installation Condition Report.
- Identify common heating systems that use renewable energy and the key control measures that insurers look for.
- Describe the property insurance issues relating to waste storage and removal, kitchen extraction system maintenance and gas bottle storage.
- Explain why insurers may ask for kitchen fire suppression systems in some catering risks and in simple terms how these systems work.
About Our Speaker
Martin has more than 32 years’ experience within the Risk Control divisions of major commercial insurers (GRE and AXA). Until January 2019 he managed an operational team of surveyors, a role which included maintaining technical standards, staff development, regional technical support to Underwriters and brokers as well as carrying out some property and BI surveys himself. He built up considerable experience as a presenter and trainer during his time at AXA.
Martin is now a self-employed consultant undertaking Risk Control Surveys for insurance companies and brokers in the West Sussex area and providing technical and soft skills training to those in the insurance and associated industries
This demonstrates the quality of an event and that it meets CII member CPD scheme requirements.
1 hour's CPD can be claimed for this event if relevant to your learning and development needs.
It is recommended that you keep any evidence of the CPD activity you have completed and upload copies to the recording tool as the CII may ask to see this if your record is selected for review. Details of the scheme can be viewed online at www.cii.co.uk/cpd.