Public and Environmental Liability
The aim of this webinar is to identify the key issues of Environmental Impairment Liability and to take away some of the mystery or misunderstanding that is commonly found with this complex area of claims.
By attending this webinar, delegates will be able to identify:
- the key policy considerations including typical wording for EIL described by most insurers
- the liability issues, the Water Resources Act, Environmental Damage Regulations 2009 and the Environment Act 2021
- typical losses dealt with by this cover
- the methods of investigation, remediation and resolution and settlement of claims.
Frazer Murray-Hall recently joined the Davies Group with a wealth of experience gained over 30 years within the Insurance industry.
Frazer has handled a wide range of losses including large loss oil spill claims, farm environmental impairment liability claims, and decontamination issues as well as catastrophe claims.
He has worked in the UK, Canada and the Caribbean and holds Chartered Insurance Professional (CIP) status with the Insurance Institute of Canada.
Notable Assignments include:
- Large escape of diesel at Oil Storage depot in Southampton affecting site of special scientific interest, and local river.
- Bitumen spill affecting beaches in Cornwall
- Diesel fuel spill at Marina in Plymouth
- Environmental/Pollution claims across the UK and Canada.
Interested, but can't attend?
Don't worry if you can't make the date/time of this webinar, it is being recorded. Please book a place as per normal and use the webinar link to access a recording post event.
Please note: This event is a regional collaboration between the local institutes in the area. Your booking details will be shared with the Insurance Institute of Chelmsford and South Essex, which is acting as the host institute for this event.
This demonstrates the quality of an event and that it meets CII member CPD scheme requirements.
1 hour's CPD can be claimed for this event if relevant to your learning and development needs.
It is recommended that you keep any evidence of the CPD activity you have completed and upload copies to the recording tool as the CII may ask to see this if your record is selected for review. Details of the scheme can be viewed online at www.cii.co.uk/cpd.