A guide to understanding policy wordings
Recent litigation has demonstrated the importance of understanding the policy contract wording. This webinar explains how policy wordings are constructed and may be interpreted
- To provide knowledge and understanding of basic policy wordings for general insurance business
- Know how to apply knowledge of principles concerning the operation of policy conditions affecting claims for general insurance business
Content and Learning
• The structure, functions, and contents of an insurance contract, including the schedule
• The law governing policy wordings in UK
• The meanings of warranties, conditions, representations, and exclusions
Diane is now a highly respected trainer to the insurance market.
Diane’s strength is in practical application of knowledge with specific specialisms including Business Interruption, Cyber and Property Owners.
She is the Education Secretary and former chairperson of the London Business Interruption Association. She was part of the IIL Advance Study Group - Business Interruption Policy Wordings and has collaborated with the authors of several Business Interruption textbooks.
Diane is a member of the Cyber Insurance Association, and she carries out the insurance cyber policy reviews for Cyber|Decider (https://www.cyberdecider.com/)
Diane’s work includes delivery as an Associate for Nick Thomas & Associates.
This demonstrates the quality of an event and that it meets CII member CPD scheme requirements.
1 hour's CPD can be claimed for this event if relevant to your learning and development needs.
It is recommended that you keep any evidence of the CPD activity you have completed and upload copies to the recording tool as the CII may ask to see this if your record is selected for review. Details of the scheme can be viewed online at www.cii.co.uk/cpd.