An overview of Product Liability and Financial Loss
This webinar will provide discussion and advice on Products Liability and Financial Loss covering exclusions that will apply in policies, Financial Loss Extensions available and to understand why Financial Loss may be needed for your clients.
- How standard financial loss exclusions apply in PL/Products policies
- Understand why separate financial loss cover is needed
- Recognise the different businesses that need to consider financial loss
- Be aware of the various options for buying financial loss extensions and the different wordings that are available
Content and Learning
- • What is ‘financial loss’ and how does liability for it arise?
- Types of financial loss cover available
- Explanation of various financial loss exclusions, their importance, and issues to consider including contractual liability exclusions
- Financial loss extensions
- The businesses that need to buy financial loss cover
Diane is now a highly respected trainer to the insurance market.
Diane’s strength is in practical application of knowledge with specific specialisms including Business Interruption, Cyber and Property Owners.
She is the Education Secretary and former chairperson of the London Business Interruption Association. She was part of the IIL Advance Study Group - Business Interruption Policy Wordings and has collaborated with the authors of several Business Interruption textbooks.
Diane is a member of the Cyber Insurance Association, and she carries out the insurance cyber policy reviews for Cyber|Decider (https://www.cyberdecider.com/)
Diane’s work includes delivery as an Associate for Nick Thomas & Associates.
This demonstrates the quality of an event and that it meets CII member CPD scheme requirements.
1 hour's CPD can be claimed for this event if relevant to your learning and development needs.
It is recommended that you keep any evidence of the CPD activity you have completed and upload copies to the recording tool as the CII may ask to see this if your record is selected for review. Details of the scheme can be viewed online at www.cii.co.uk/cpd.