Sheffield Life & Pensions Society Q1 2018 CPD
Our brains take shortcuts to help us make decisions quickly. They work well in many conditions, but within investments they can lead to biased choices and worse outcomes.
By recognising the biases that affect us all, we can start to combat them and take the first step towards improving our investment decision making.
- Improve decision making by understanding a range of behavioural biases that impact objective setting, investment decisions and retaining investments we’ve already bought.
- Recognise those biases at work in the outcomes of various experiments that LGIM have performed.
- Achieve a framework of behavioural biases to apply to your own, unique decision making problems.
General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
An update on the objectives of this important legislation which becomes effective across the EU on 25th May 2018.
The new law brings a new set of challenges for businesses and significant fines for non-compliance.
- Identify the key changes to the data protection law that will apply under the GDPR.
- Understand how new rules will affect your business.
- Obtain guidance on what steps should be taken now in order to prepare.
This demonstrates the quality of an event and that it meets CII member CPD scheme requirements.
1 3/4 hours' CPD can be claimed for this event if relevant to your learning and development needs.
It is recommended that you keep any evidence of the CPD activity you have completed and upload copies to the recording tool as the CII may ask to see this if your record is selected for review. Details of the scheme can be viewed online at www.cii.co.uk/cpd.