Business Protection Workshop (April 2020)
Business Protection Workshop
9.00am: - Registration
- Business protection research
- Commercial development and marketing
- Interactive case study
- Technical side of writing the various policies
- Relevant Life Plans
12.45pm: - Lunch
- Articles of Association
- Reading company accounts
4pm: - Event finishes
The learning objectives are
- Quantify the business protection opportunity for advisers, the demographics of UK small businesses and how advisers can best develop this market.
- Understand business owner’s attitude to risk within the context of business protection and the areas of risk that business protection products protect.
- Recognise the need for businesses to protect their debts, the risk of the loss of a key person cover, protect their shares of their business, and also protection for their families.
- Understand how a business is set up and the documentation associated with this. Also the potential issues a business might face without any guidelines to protect the ownership
- Understand the structure of accounts and Identify the appropriate details to help you demonstrate the risks for a business
- How to assist your clients in understanding the impact on their businesses
This demonstrates the quality of an event and that it meets CII member CPD scheme requirements.
6 hours' CPD can be claimed for this event if relevant to your learning and development needs.
It is recommended that you keep any evidence of the CPD activity you have completed and upload copies to the recording tool as the CII may ask to see this if your record is selected for review. Details of the scheme can be viewed online at www.cii.co.uk/cpd.