Live Webinar - General investments vs. Onshore bond vs. International bonds
In this webinar (est. duration 60 mins) Cathy Russell of Canada Life will compare the benefits of using collective investments within a general investment account (GIA), onshore bond and international bond.
There will be an opportunity for questions at the end of the presentation.
By the end of the session attendees will understand:
- What makes a bond 'International'.
- How International bonds, onshore bonds and GIA assets are taxed and when tax is due.
- Full segment surrender vs. partial surrender
- How top-slicing works
- Who is liable for tax on bond encashment
- 5% tax deferred withdrawals
- Variety of investment options
- Possible scenarios for international bonds
Room joining details:
You can also dial in using your phone.
United Kingdom: +44 20 3713 5028
Access Code: 578-469-797
This demonstrates the quality of an event and that it meets CII member CPD scheme requirements.
1 hour's CPD can be claimed for this event if relevant to your learning and development needs.
It is recommended that you keep any evidence of the CPD activity you have completed and upload copies to the recording tool as the CII may ask to see this if your record is selected for review. Details of the scheme can be viewed online at www.cii.co.uk/cpd.