CPD Webinar - Understanding an insurance policy wording
This one-hour webinar, presented by Alan Chandler, looks to provide a plain English walk through what makes up an insurance policy wording.
One of the learnings of the 2020 Bi and Covid-19 court battles is the fact that you ignore the construction of policy wordings at your peril.
All brokers, underwriters and claims staff should have a good grasp of the component parts of an insurance policy wording and this presentation will provide this understanding.
By the end of the course, delegates will be able to understand:
- How policy wordings are set up and what contract law takes into account in respect of the interpretation of wordings.
- How the law views insurance policy exclusions, conditions and warranties.
- How the Consumer Rights Act and Unfair Contract Terms Act respond in respect of exclusions, conditions and warranties.
- What is the difference between joint and composite insured and why an underwriter has to be careful covering the latter.
- The different options to consider in respect of contribution conditions.
- How to use policy wordings to control exposure.
The Zoom link will be sent to your email address supplied at the time of the booking closure to the event. PLEASE DO NOT share this with anyone else.
This demonstrates the quality of an event and that it meets CII member CPD scheme requirements.
1 hour's CPD can be claimed for this event if relevant to your learning and development needs.
It is recommended that you keep any evidence of the CPD activity you have completed and upload copies to the recording tool as the CII may ask to see this if your record is selected for review. Details of the scheme can be viewed online at www.cii.co.uk/cpd.