North East Insurance Institutes Webinar: Attracting New Professionals
What can be done to attract new talent to the profession? Join in the discussion to understand the talent deficit challenges and what can be done to tackle them.
CII Education Partnerships Manager Vivine Cameron discusses points around greater employer engagement with regard to policies, processes, procedures, monitoring, review and revision in order to grow talent in a meaningful and purposeful way.
Recognition of the new talent expectations and aspirations:
- Clear career progression, learning and development opportunities
- Remuneration – salary and 'perks' package less important
- Health and Well-being
- Consideration of impact of COVID-19 on role/career security
- Experiences – travel opportunities, secondment, mentorship and sponsorship
Plus - More employer creation of opportunities for new talent:
- Work experience
At the end of this session attendees will able to identify:
- Overview and Introduction to factors in General Insurance Talent Deficit Challenges
- Introduction to CII Talent Strategy
- Learning methods to apply and assist with the talent deficit challenge
Please note: This event is a regional collaboration between the local institutes in the area. Your booking details will be shared with the Insurance Institute of Leeds, which is acting as the host institute for this event.
This demonstrates the quality of an event and that it meets CII member CPD scheme requirements.
1 hour's CPD can be claimed for this event if relevant to your learning and development needs.
It is recommended that you keep any evidence of the CPD activity you have completed and upload copies to the recording tool as the CII may ask to see this if your record is selected for review. Details of the scheme can be viewed online at www.cii.co.uk/cpd.