AF7 Pension Transfers - September 2020
In view of the on-going uncertainties regarding easing of lockdown restrictions and any resultant practicalities, this event will be held via video webinar.
If you have any questions please contact Susan Stamp at firstname.lastname@example.org
This one-day course aims to significantly improve delegates' chances of passing their exam by revising the key technical points that are likely to be tested.
The session will start at 9.00 am and end at 5.00 pm, providing a full six hours' CPD.
Led by John Trayner, a CII Approved Trainer, this one day training course costs £80 for members (non-members £100). It will cover all the aspects of pension transfers for those taking AF7 as a standalone subject.
If you would like to join us for this event, please click on the Book Now button below.
Payment can be made by credit / debit card or you can request an invoice to pay offline by cheque or BACS transfer. Credit / debit card payments can only be accepted online at the time of booking and not afterwards. ( Please note, to benefit from the discounted rate, you will be required to provide your membership number at the time of booking. )
By the end of the day delegates will able to:
- understand the background to pension transfers both from money purchase and final salary arrangements
- describe a DB scheme’s main member benefits including pensions paid at normal, early and late retirement, ill health pension and on death before and after retirement
- understand the options available to someone who leaves a DB scheme’s sponsoring employer
- understand how a Cash Equivalent Transfer Value (CETV), is calculated, the assumptions behind the calculation and how changes in these will affect the CETV
- understand the main factors that should be considered in advising clients who wish to consider transferring their DB pension rights
- analyse how both safeguarded and flexible benefits can meet a client’s needs
- understand the different strategies to ensure the transferred sum can provide a sustainable income in retirement
- know the compliance issues in giving advice on DB transfers
- understand the make-up of the Transfer Value Comparator and how it should be used in the advice process
- understand the content of an Appropriate Transfer Analysis
- know the responsibilities of the ceding scheme and receiving arrangement in carrying out the transfer
Please note that this webinar will be run using Zoom technology and you may need to install relevant software onto your computer, tablet, etc in order to follow the webinar.
Full joining instructions will be sent to delegates ahead of the event.
About our speaker
John has over 40 years’ experience in insurance and financial services. Not surprisingly most of his former employers no longer exist because of mergers and takeovers. For example he joined Leeds Permanent Building Society in 1986 and at retirement was working for Lloyds Banking Group even though he’d never changed employers! The last 15 years were spent in the training department specialising in professional exams.
Not wishing to spend retirement watching daytime TV he decided to become a freelance trainer specialising in helping people to pass the CII’s Financial Services exams.
John is a Chartered Insurance Practitioner and a Fellow of both the Chartered Insurance Institute and the Personal Finance Society.
- ZOOM WEBINAR
This demonstrates the quality of an event and that it meets CII member CPD scheme requirements.
6 hours' CPD can be claimed for this event if relevant to your learning and development needs.
It is recommended that you keep any evidence of the CPD activity you have completed and upload copies to the recording tool as the CII may ask to see this if your record is selected for review. Details of the scheme can be viewed online at www.cii.co.uk/cpd.