WEBINAR: BI Test Case - Supreme Court Judgment
The FCA established that many insurers were refusing a large number of SME BI claims, with genuine debate as to the meaning of some policy wordings. For example, some policies require the policyholder to prove the presence of coronavirus in a particular area around their premises.
In June 2020, the FCA began a test case in the High Court to provide certainty for all parties. Aspects of the High Court judgment are under appeal to the Supreme Court, from which judgment is expected by January 2021.
This webinar will cover the Supreme Court Judgment on the FCA BI Test Case, with views from Damian Glynn, Sedgwick International UK and Toby Rogers, Clyde & Co.
By attending this webinar, delegates will gain an insight into:
- The Test Case – who brought it against whom and why?
- The judgment – a reminder of the High Court Declarations, and a summary of the key features of the Supreme Court decision
- Consequences – the issues that are likely to arise on claims
- Consequences – the potential impact on cover and policy wordings in the future
- Unanswered issues – what was not covered in the Test Case
This demonstrates the quality of an event and that it meets CII member CPD scheme requirements.
1 hour's CPD can be claimed for this event if relevant to your learning and development needs.
It is recommended that you keep any evidence of the CPD activity you have completed and upload copies to the recording tool as the CII may ask to see this if your record is selected for review. Details of the scheme can be viewed online at www.cii.co.uk/cpd.