J02 Trusts July 2022
This event will be held via video webinar.
If you have any questions please contact Susan Stamp at email@example.com or on 07933 998426.
This two-part course, which also forms module 2 of the AF1 course, aims to significantly improve delegates' chances of passing their exam by developing an understanding of the key technical points that are likely to be tested.
Part 1 - Monday 11 July 2022 9.30 am - 1.00 pm
Part 2 - Tuesday 12 July 2022 9.30 am - 1.00 pm
If you would like to join us for this event, please click on the Book Now button below.
Led by John Trayner, a CII Approved Trainer, the workshops will start at 9.30 am and end at 1.00 pm on both days, providing a full six hours’ CPD. The cost is £80 for members, (non-members £100). (Please note, to benefit from the discounted rate, you will be required to provide your membership number at the time of booking.)
Payment can be made by credit/debit card or you can request an invoice to pay offline by cheque or BACS transfer. Credit/debit card payments can only be accepted online at the time of booking and not afterwards.
By the end of this event delegates will be able to:
- understand the scope of National Insurance and how to calculate an individual’s liability
- understand how an individual’s status for Residency and Domicile is established and how this affects their liability to UK tax
- understand the main pension input and benefit rules as applied to typical AF1 questions
- explain how trusts can be set up together with the roles and responsibilities of trustees
- explain the main characteristics of Absolute, Interest in Possession and Discretionary trusts and how income and capital gains is calculated for each
- identify what is a Relevant Property Trust and a Non-Relevant Property Trust and explain how this status affects liability to IHT
- explain the requirements for a will to be valid and the process to be followed by the executors in distributing the estate
- explain the rules of intestacy and Deeds of Variation
- explain how a Lasting Power of Attorney can be set up and administered
- explain the procedures and implications of being made bankrupt
If you have booked for the three-module AF1 course, the J02 Trusts module is included automatically and you do not need to book this separately.
Please note that this webinar will be run using Zoom technology and you may need to install relevant software onto your computer, tablet, etc in order to follow the webinar.
Full joining instructions will be sent to delegates ahead of the event.
About our speaker
John has over 40 years’ experience in insurance and financial services. Not surprisingly most of his former employers no longer exist because of mergers and takeovers. For example he joined Leeds Permanent Building Society in 1986 and at retirement was working for Lloyds Banking Group even though he’d never changed employers! The last 15 years were spent in the training department specialising in professional exams.
Not wishing to spend retirement watching daytime TV he decided to become a freelance trainer specialising in helping people to pass the CII’s Financial Services exams.
John is a Chartered Insurance Practitioner and a Fellow of both the Chartered Insurance Institute and the Personal Finance Society.
- ZOOM WEBINAR
This demonstrates the quality of an event and that it meets CII member CPD scheme requirements.
6 hours' CPD can be claimed for this event if relevant to your learning and development needs.
It is recommended that you keep any evidence of the CPD activity you have completed and upload copies to the recording tool as the CII may ask to see this if your record is selected for review. Details of the scheme can be viewed online at www.cii.co.uk/cpd.