Webinar: How Liability Can Arise in Tort
- The presentation will be very appropriate for almost everyone working within the broking, underwriting and claims functions, as almost all policies have an element of liability protection and this presentation explores how a client can be held liable in the law of tort.
- This presentation will give brokers more confidence when discussing their liability needs.
- There will be a brief overview of the different types of the main torts including negligence, nuisance, strict liability and statutory liability and how each of the main covers of EL,PL, and Products looks to cover these liabilities.
- The increasing costs of damages is also explored and why many brokers could face hefty professional indemnity claims for failing to advise their clients on increasing their liability limits.
- This presentation will be delivered by Alan Chandler who is widely regarded as one of the leading insurance trainers and presenters within the UK.
Alan Chandler, Alan Chandler Training
Alan has undertaken operational management roles in three major global companies - NatWest Insurance Services, RBS Insurance Group and Allianz Insurance. He has run underwriting, broking and claims functions. Eleven years ago he set up his own training company, something that he had always longed to do as he is passionate about training. Since then he has trained well over a thousand people to become ACII qualified including six individuals who have achieved the best ACII completion in the whole of the United Kingdom, he has also trained many national prize winners. Alan has delivered training for almost all the institutes in the UK over the past few years with his enthusiastic presenting style proving very popular. He is one of the few individuals who can teach at all levels of the Cii examinations, he teaches almost all certificate, diploma and advanced diploma subjects and is one of the few people who can take someone from certificate all the way through to fully qualified ACII and his pass rates exceed 96%. Alan has presented across Europe on many technical subjects to companies including Allianz, Zurich, Aon, Marsh and Willis. He has been involved in the setting up of many diploma and advanced diploma programmes in both the UK and Ireland and is driven by a passion to see increased professionalism within the insurance industry.
This demonstrates the quality of an event and that it meets CII member CPD scheme requirements.
1 hour's CPD can be claimed for this event if relevant to your learning and development needs.
It is recommended that you keep any evidence of the CPD activity you have completed and upload copies to the recording tool as the CII may ask to see this if your record is selected for review. Details of the scheme can be viewed online at www.cii.co.uk/cpd.