Webinar: Cyber Risk and Insurance
Cyber risk is a growing issue for all businesses, so brokers and insurers need to understand the risks and insurance cover available. No two cyber policies are the same so this can be a complex area for insurers, brokers, and their clients to understand the cover offered. This session reviews the cyber risk insurance solutions available in this rapidly changing class. It includes:
- Coverage found in a typical cyber policy – data breach, BI, cyber liability, cyber-crime, issues of retro dates, social engineering limitations, industrial control systems, definition of BI indemnity periods and limit calculation.
- Market developments - hardening of rates, additional security and protection requirement, ransom payment issues., concern about group actions, implications of Lloyd v Google Supreme Court action.
- Market innovation - parametric, stand-alone breach support, wrap policies, industry specific policies.
- Understand the cyber risks covered in an SME cyber policy.
- Be aware of key cyber insurance market developments and their practical implications for brokers and insurers.
- Be aware of cyber market innovations and their potential use for clients.
Nick Thomas, Nick Thomas & Associates
Nick offers a unique combination of skills in the UK insurance training sector – an industry sales specialist and a professional coach and trainer. Nick is an Economics graduate with over 25 years corporate insurance broking experience
He was a highly successful sales producer in the UK broking market before progressing into regional and then national sales leadership roles. As National Development Director at HSBC, Nick was one of only 40 people from a global workforce of 265,000 selected as part of the STARS programme to recognise exceptional performance. He is a highly trained consultative sales specialist, and his experience includes a secondment with a major management consultant to design a best practice sales process.
In the mid-2000s, Nick developed a chronic health condition; his journey to recovery fostered a new range of interests, and a passion for health, and performance. He studied widely, qualifying as a Master Practitioner in Neuro-Linguistic Programming (NLP), obtaining a Diploma in Life Coaching, before going on to study Corporate/Business Coaching with The Coaching Academy. Nick is also a qualified Holistic Lifestyle Coach and Advanced Exercise Coach.
In the last two years Nick has worked in a self-employed capacity in training, coaching, and consulting. He works with a specialist adviser in Insurance sector M&A (Mergers & Acquisitions), and through Nick Thomas & Associates.
This demonstrates the quality of an event and that it meets CII member CPD scheme requirements.
1 hour's CPD can be claimed for this event if relevant to your learning and development needs.
It is recommended that you keep any evidence of the CPD activity you have completed and upload copies to the recording tool as the CII may ask to see this if your record is selected for review. Details of the scheme can be viewed online at www.cii.co.uk/cpd.