Webinar: Professional Indemnity insurance - an overview
Professional Indemnity insurance - an overview
This presentation provides an overview of professional indemnity insurance. It looks at the main case law underpinning the PI market, why the PI market is expanding in terms of number of policyholders needing the cover yet at the same time the capacity is decreasing.
The webinar, presented by Alan Chandler, one of the most popular presenters in the UK, explores the problems posed by a claims made wording and the difficulty clients have going into retirement without adequate run off cover. The presentation also looks at ensuring the correct limits of indemnity are set.
- Understand the main purpose of professional indemnity cover
- Understand the case law that supports the PI market
- Understand why demand for PI is increasing but capacity decreasing
- Understand the issues surrounding a claims made wording
- Understand why limits of indemnity are often inadequate
This demonstrates the quality of an event and that it meets CII member CPD scheme requirements.
1 hour's CPD can be claimed for this event if relevant to your learning and development needs.
It is recommended that you keep any evidence of the CPD activity you have completed and upload copies to the recording tool as the CII may ask to see this if your record is selected for review. Details of the scheme can be viewed online at www.cii.co.uk/cpd.