In this session, we will explore how we can all make a commitment to safeguarding and nurturing our resilience skills in order to protect our future mental and emotional mental health and wellbeing. Participants will leave the session with practical tools and techniques to help them identify their existing resilience qualities, and to develop more resilient behaviours.
By attending this presentation delegates should be able to:
- Summarise the relationship between resilience and positive mental health and wellbeing
- Identify their existing resilience qualities
- Understand how to challenge unhelpful thinking (using the ABC model) and how to develop healthier, more helpful ways of thinking
- Explain how Coherent Breathing can help regulate our body and emotions in stressful moments
- Develop new, additional resilient behaviours
Steve is one of the co-founders of Mental health in Business. He has a passion for helping leaders, managers and organisations to lead the way with mental health & wellbeing in the workplace.
Steve has 10+ years of business ownership experience, having established, run, and sold a successful media production business. His focus is now on mental health in the workplace. He has considerable experience working, volunteering and advising in this area as well as his own lived experience of poor mental health. He is an accredited Mental Health First Aid instructor, wellbeing coach and committed teacher of breathwork for emotional and mental wellbeing.
This demonstrates the quality of an event and that it meets CII member CPD scheme requirements.
1 hour's CPD can be claimed for this event if relevant to your learning and development needs.
It is recommended that you keep any evidence of the CPD activity you have completed and upload copies to the recording tool as the CII may ask to see this if your record is selected for review. Details of the scheme can be viewed online at www.cii.co.uk/cpd.