Webinar: The Power of Questions
‘The wise man doesn't give the right answers, he poses the right questions.’ Claude Levi-Strauss. Asking the right questions of ourselves, as much as of others, is one of the keys to success in our business and personal lives.
This virtual training programme helps us to understand why questions are so important and how powerful they can be in leading us to the outcomes we want to achieve. This type of learning is applicable at all levels across the insurance industry, whether in sales, negotiation, claims, underwriting, broking or simply working collaboratively in teams or meetings
At the end of this session attendees will be able to understand:
• The need for questions
• The power of the questions we ask ourselves and the questions we ask others
• Skilful questioning techniques to achieve the outcomes we want in business and personal lives
Content & Learning
• The limitations of language and using questions to recover lost information – ‘transderivational search’
• Directing Focus in ourselves and others
• Building awareness, accountability, and responsibility – psychological ownership and action
• Questions vs statements, giving vs seeking
• Building empathy and rapport
• Skilful questioning techniques in Sales and Client work – exploring SPIN sales questions
Nick Thomas offers a unique combination of skills in the UK insurance training sector – an industry sales specialist and a widely qualified professional coach and trainer. Nick is an Economics graduate with over 25 years corporate insurance broking experience. As National Development Director at HSBC, Nick was one of only 40 people from a global workforce of 265,000 selected as part of the STARS programme to recognise exceptional performance.
He is a highly trained consultative sales specialist, and his experience includes a secondment with a major management consultant to design a best practice sales process.
Nick has worked in a self-employed capacity in training, coaching, and consulting since 2017, including as a specialist adviser in Insurance sector M&A (Mergers & Acquisitions) sector. He set up Nick Thomas & Associates in 2020 in response to demand from his industry network for training solutions designed and delivered by people with a background of working in the industry.
This demonstrates the quality of an event and that it meets CII member CPD scheme requirements.
1 hour's CPD can be claimed for this event if relevant to your learning and development needs.
It is recommended that you keep any evidence of the CPD activity you have completed and upload copies to the recording tool as the CII may ask to see this if your record is selected for review. Details of the scheme can be viewed online at www.cii.co.uk/cpd.