The Forensic Approach to Eow Claims
Time: 13.00 - 14:00 (12:30 for lunch)
Cost: £5.00 or free if attending the seminar only
Who Should Attend?
Anyone working in the insurance industry seeking to expand their knowledge in this subject.
To gain an improved understanding of:
- The features and benefits of appointing forensics on (the right) EoW cases,
- The right cases to appoint forensics on (when to appoint vs. when appointment adds little value)
- The impact of forensics on ensuring the right and proper outcome (Conduct Risk), eg.
- establishing claims validity
- identification of prospects for 3rd party recovery
- identification of the presence of fraud indicators
- The impact of forensics on the accurate establishment of liability and accuracy of claims settlement costs
Barry served for over 24 years as a professional Fire Fighter within the Aviation Industry. Training as a specialist Fire Investigation Officer led him to carry out a fundamental review of Fire Investigation within the Aviation Fire Service, culminating in the production of standardised procedures, documentation and training for all qualified Investigators within the Fire Service.
Barry joined IFIC Forensics in April 2012 and contributes a wealth of knowledge from his wide range of investigation experience to include residential, vehicle, communal, industrial, commercial and fatal fires.
During his career, Barry has served at many UK based locations along with many overseas secondments. Whilst serving in the Fire Service he assisted the Serious Equipment Failure Investigation Team (SEFIT) where he was commended for his role in carrying out Fire Investigations at a number of incidents. A number of the recommendations he made improved the safety of the personnel involved in using the equipment.
Please note that parking at AXA Insurance is for their staff only.
This demonstrates the quality of an event and that it meets CII member CPD scheme requirements.
1 hour's CPD can be claimed for this event if relevant to your learning and development needs.
It is recommended that you keep any evidence of the CPD activity you have completed and upload copies to the recording tool as the CII may ask to see this if your record is selected for review. Details of the scheme can be viewed online at www.cii.co.uk/cpd.