I am honoured to have been asked to serve as President of the Bournemouth Institute.
Firstly I would like to thank Stephen Linklater for his passion and dedication during the last two year which have helped strengthen and enhance what we do for you, our members
During the coming year our priorities will be to:
- Continue to deliver an engaging quality event programme of CPD events for both our CII and PFS members
- Encourage and support its younger members more and encourage them to play an active role in the institute and wider community
- Work with local educational bodies and other liked minded organisations to promote what we do, encourage more networking and offer active support.
The Bournemouth Institute is run by a diverse dedicated group of industry professionals offering a range of key local benefits. These include:
- Technical and regulatory seminars, and training courses.
- Off the Record briefings from the Bank of England Agents
- Career guidance, mentoring and knowledge services.
- Social and networking activities.
- Community engagement initiatives.
- Local news and information.
- Local institute events tend to range from one hour seminars to full day training courses covering a variety of technical and soft skill subjects.
All of these events can count towards your CPD requirements, should you consider it relevant to your professional development needs.
We normally communicate with our membership through the distribution of regular e-flyers so please ensure that we have your correct email address which you can check by logging on to the main CII website at www.cii.co.uk or join our Insurance Institute of Bournemouth group on LinkedIn or Facebook.
I hope you will play an active role in what we do, remember everything we do is for the benefit of our membership, our industry and the wider community.
Paul Dyer CII, MILM