The Genius Material Programme - Fast Track Exam Learning and Training
The Insurance Institute of Leeds is offering you the chance to participate in a short fast track programme - 2 face-to-face sessions (each 3 hours in duration) in Leeds City Centre plus online elements - which is specifically designed to help you acquire and apply learning techniques that will assist you in passing your professional examinations.
The programme is aimed at general insurance and financial services professionals who are in the midst of studying for examinations.
It is not a programme that provides technical general insurance or financial services information.
Instead the programme consists of three specific areas:
• How to get information into your head
• How to keep it there
• How to recall it when you need it
We are inviting applications from people who are currently members of the Insurance Institute of Leeds or members of the PFS who are at the start of or in the middle of their own professional examination journey and who have a strong desire to add to their toolkit in order to increase the likelihood of exam success.
The programme offers a limited number of places which will be offered following consideration of received applications.
This programme has been developed with the intention that attendees will take part in the entire set of modules and therefore develop themselves throughout, whilst gaining a better understanding of how to put these learning principles into action.
The programme will consist of the following:
• Wednesday 20th September 2023: Half-Day In-Person Workshop: Participants will attend a comprehensive half-day workshop conducted by an experienced instructor. The workshop will cover various aspects of efficient learning and organisation, and the participants will begin to practise their new study strategy.
• Online Self-Paced Video Training: Participants will gain access to a series of selfpaced video modules and quizzes (along with optional audios and PDFs) designed to provide in-depth knowledge and techniques relevant to their exam preparation. These modules can be accessed at the participants' convenience over the course of a week, allowing flexibility in their learning journey.
• Tuesday 26th September 2023: Half-Day In-Person Training : Following the initial workshop, participants will attend a half-day in-person training session focused on reinforcing key concepts, addressing individual challenges, and providing additional support as needed.
• Six Weeks of Online Group Training and Support: Participants will engage in a structured six-week online Programme that includes group training sessions and ongoing support to reinforce and practise their new study strategy. Participants will have the opportunity to interact with the instructor and fellow participants.
Programme Leader – Lysette Offley
The Genius Material Programme will be run by Lysette Offley, the founder of Genius Material and a highly experienced memory and mindset coach to women and men at the top of their game in the Insurance and Financial Services profession.
Lysette creates bespoke Study Strategies which allow exam candidates to work more smartly, absorbing information naturally and helping to secure impressive pass rates. Lysette has also made several appearances on BBC radio, Channel 4, Netflix and other TV channels and is an accomplished public speaker, presenter and author.
Please email David Ross ACII, Education Secretary for The Insurance Institute of Leeds at: firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
• Your name
• Your CII PIN
• Your current employer
• Details of the qualification that you are studying for
• How long you have been studying for
• Details of the examinations that you still need to pass in order to secure your qualification
• Explain in no more than 500 words the challenges that you have faced in completing your qualification and why you think this programme would benefit you.
Applications must be received by Friday 25th August 2023, with successful applicants being notified by Friday 1st September 2023.
If you have any questions in relating to the programme, please email David Ross at email@example.com or call David on 07917 450599.
This demonstrates the quality of an event and that it meets CII member CPD scheme requirements.
6 hours' CPD can be claimed for this event if relevant to your learning and development needs.
It is recommended that you keep any evidence of the CPD activity you have completed and upload copies to the recording tool as the CII may ask to see this if your record is selected for review. Details of the scheme can be viewed online at www.cii.co.uk/cpd.