Directors & Officers Liability
Speaker: Alan Chandler, Chartered Insurer and one of the leading UK Insurance Trainers
The Insurance Institute of Mid Kent are please to offer you a presentation on how Directors & Officers liability can arise and how best to set covers in place for your clients.
- To understand the benefits of a D&O policy.
- To be aware of a directors duties at common law and statute.
- To be able to explain how the principal areas of cover operate.
- To be able to decide how to interpret underwriting data distinguishing between attractive and unattractive risks.
- To be able to explain the impact of Limits of Liability, costs and awards on a claims made wording
This presentation is a must for brokers, underwriters and claims staff alike.
Alan Chandler, Insurance Trainer
Alan has undertaken operational management roles in three major global companies - NatWest Insurance Services, RBS Insurance Group and Allianz Insurance. He has run underwriting, broking and claims functions. Ten years ago he set up his own training company, something that he had always longed to do as he is passionate about training. Since then he has trained well over a thousand people to become ACII qualified including six individuals who have achieved the best ACII completion in the whole of the United Kingdom.
This demonstrates the quality of an event and that it meets CII member CPD scheme requirements.
1 hour's CPD can be claimed for this event if relevant to your learning and development needs.
It is recommended that you keep any evidence of the CPD activity you have completed and upload copies to the recording tool as the CII may ask to see this if your record is selected for review. Details of the scheme can be viewed online at www.cii.co.uk/cpd.