AF7 Pension Transfers February 2024
This event will be held via video webinar.
If you have any questions please contact Susan Stamp at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 07933 998426.
This one-day course aims to significantly improve delegates' chances of passing their exam by revising the key technical points that are likely to be tested.
The session will start at 9.00 am and end at 5.00 pm, providing a full six hours' CPD.
Led by John Trayner, a CII Approved Trainer, this one day training course costs £80 for members (non-members £100). It will cover all the aspects of pension transfers for those taking AF7 as a stand-alone subject.
If you would like to join us for this event, please click on the Book Now button below.
Payment can be made by credit / debit card or you can request an invoice to pay offline by cheque or BACS transfer. Credit / debit card payments can only be accepted online at the time of booking and not afterwards. ( Please note, to benefit from the discounted rate, you will be required to provide your membership number at the time of booking. )
By the end of the event delegates will be able to:
- understand the background to pension transfers both from money purchase and final salary arrangements
- describe a DB scheme’s main features including the benefits paid at normal, early and late retirement, ill health pension and on death together with protection offered by the Pension Protection Fund
- understand the options available to someone who has left a DB scheme’s sponsoring employment
- understand how a Cash Equivalent Transfer Value (CETV), is calculated, the assumptions behind the calculation and how changes in these will affect the CETV
- understand the main risks and benefits of transferring out of the scheme
- know the information that must be obtained about the client and the ceding scheme before a recommendation can be made
- understand the factors that must be taken into account to ensure that advice is appropriate
- understand the factors in ensuring that income in drawdown will be sustainable
- know the FCA’s post October 2020 rules on DB transfers
Please note that this webinar will be run using Zoom technology and you may need to install relevant software onto your computer, tablet, etc in order to follow the webinar.
Full joining instructions will be sent to delegates ahead of the event.
About our speaker
John has over 40 years’ experience in insurance and financial services. Not surprisingly most of his former employers no longer exist because of mergers and takeovers. For example he joined Leeds Permanent Building Society in 1986 and at retirement was working for Lloyds Banking Group even though he’d never changed employers! The last 15 years were spent in the training department specialising in professional exams.
Not wishing to spend retirement watching daytime TV he decided to become a freelance trainer specialising in helping people to pass the CII’s Financial Services exams.
John is a Chartered Insurance Practitioner and a Fellow of both the Chartered Insurance Institute and the Personal Finance Society.
- ZOOM WEBINAR
Please note: This event is a regional collaboration between the local institutes in the area. Your booking details will be shared with the Insurance Institute of Sussex, which is acting as the host institute for this event.
This demonstrates the quality of an event and that it meets CII member CPD scheme requirements.
6 hours' CPD can be claimed for this event if relevant to your learning and development needs.
It is recommended that you keep any evidence of the CPD activity you have completed and upload copies to the recording tool as the CII may ask to see this if your record is selected for review. Details of the scheme can be viewed online at www.cii.co.uk/cpd.