July 5th - Online Event - How to Maximise the Impact of Every Presentation You Ever Give
David Thomas will take our members through his unique process on how to maximise impact with any audience and every type of talk.
- How to get the audience’s attention inside 60 secs and keep it there
- How to structure a presentation
- How to use technology to best effect
- How to manage your nerves
- The 7 key principles of presenting that only 20% of presenters use
- How to use stories and humour to increase retention and impact
- How to cut out the erms and ahs that plague most presentations
- How to memorise your talk
- How to implement a continuous improvement plan
David will also be giving live coaching to members who wish to receive it, a truly valuable addition to the session.
Every member will receive a full resource package after the session. This will include a program containing 32 videos, 32 audios, scripts and cheat sheets.
David Thomas is a multiple memory record breaker including reciting Pi to 22,500 digits, Sunday Times #1 bestselling author and global media personality.
He has spoken to more than 500,000 delegates in 60 counties over the last 25 years. He has appeared more than 500 times in the media and appeared on television in more than 150 countries.
Venue: Online Webinar
Online joining instructions will be included in your booking confirmation email. This is an interactive session. You will be doing exercises to prove the techniques work even before the session has finished.
The session is aimed at all CII/PFS members or guests who would like to learn new techniques to improve their presentation skills.
At the end of the session, attendees will:
- know how to structure a presentation
- be aware of tips of how to control your nerves
- learn ways of how to memorise your presentation speech
This demonstrates the quality of an event and that it meets CII member CPD scheme requirements.
3 hours' CPD can be claimed for this event if relevant to your learning and development needs.
It is recommended that you keep any evidence of the CPD activity you have completed and upload copies to the recording tool as the CII may ask to see this if your record is selected for review. Details of the scheme can be viewed online at www.cii.co.uk/cpd.