Broker trading skills in a hard market
About the Session
This second in our hard market webinar series builds on the learnings of session one but also stands alone in its own right. Informed by the experience of working in multiple hard markets over many decades of experience, allied to an up to the minute appreciation of insurance market developments, this session provides proven broker strategies [in working with both clients and the market] to optimise hard market outcomes.
• Overview challenges to brokers and clients in a hard market
• Understanding the client position
• Controlling client dialogue and expectations
• Maximising available spend
• Demonstrating innovation
• Differentiating the risk
• Engaging and managing the market
• Managing broker time
• How to exploit new business opportunities
• To provide hard market trading skills and strategies for brokers to build their effectiveness in terms of both client and market interaction
• Understand techniques to protect your client from competition
• Understand techniques to insulate against the market cycle
• Understand how to exploit market conditions for new business acquisition
Hosting the Session - Diane Jenkins BA (Hons), ACII, Chartered Insurance Broker
We are delighted to have Diane Jenkins BA (Hons), ACII, Chartered Insurance Broker hosting this session on behalf of Nick Thomas and Associates.
Diane has huge experience working with major Brokers across a range of roles and disciplines, to include:
• Programme design
• New business
• Client Servicing
• Mergers and Acquisitions (M&A) due diligence
Diane is now a highly respected trainer to the insurance market.
Diane’s strength is in practical application of knowledge with specific specialisms including Business Interruption, Cyber and Property Owners.
She is the Education Secretary and former chairperson of the London Business Interruption Association. She was part of the IIL Advance Study Group - Business Interruption Policy Wordings and has collaborated with the authors of several Business Interruption textbooks.
She is a member of the Cyber Insurance Association, and she carries out the insurance cyber policy reviews for Cyber|Decider (https://www.cyberdecider.com/)
Diane’s work includes delivery as an Associate for Nick Thomas & Associates.
Please note: This event is a regional collaboration between the local institutes in the area. Your booking details will be shared with the Insurance Institute of Aberdeen, which is acting as the host institute for this event.
This demonstrates the quality of an event and that it meets CII member CPD scheme requirements.
1 hour's CPD can be claimed for this event if relevant to your learning and development needs.
It is recommended that you keep any evidence of the CPD activity you have completed and upload copies to the recording tool as the CII may ask to see this if your record is selected for review. Details of the scheme can be viewed online at www.cii.co.uk/cpd.