Road safety and driving standards
The session will raise awareness of the current road casualty number in Merseyside and how road users can report incidents to police.
By the end of the session the delegate will have a better understanding of:
• The number of road casualties in Merseyside and who they are
• The role of the public in improving road safety and driving standards (volunteers/helmet and dash camera usage)
• How to report any incidences of careless/dangerous driving to police and what are the results
• How police plan to address the issue of uninsured drivers
• How police can work with businesses to improve safety in the workplace
Paul Mountford has served in Merseyside Police for almost 33 years, having retired as a police sergeant after 27 years in Traffic/Roads Policing. He currently works with the Road Safety Partnership and trains police on drink and drug drive law and procedure. He also talks to businesses (drivers and managers) about road safety issues for drivers who drive for work and to teenagers about driving issues that affect them.
This demonstrates the quality of an event and that it meets CII member CPD scheme requirements.
1/2 hours' CPD can be claimed for this event if relevant to your learning and development needs.
It is recommended that you keep any evidence of the CPD activity you have completed and upload copies to the recording tool as the CII may ask to see this if your record is selected for review. Details of the scheme can be viewed online at www.cii.co.uk/cpd.