In Person CPD Event: Networking - A Professional Approach
Networking has massive benefits to individuals and organisations on multiple levels, and yet many neglect it completely, go through the motions or treat it solely as an opportunity to get out of the office and blow off some steam.
This session, presented by Nick Thomas, emphasises a professional and structured approach to networking; exploring overall networking strategy, how to optimise results from specific events, and pays particular attention to networking for sales. It gives delegates the tools and insight to raise their networking game and reap the rewards for themselves and their employers.
We will be looking at
- The multiple purposes and benefits of networking – mentoring, career advancement, learning, sales etc
- Building a networking strategy and plan
- What type of networking events?
- Preparing for a networking event
- Maximizing your time at the event. The principle of reciprocity. Are you a collector of cards?
- Post-event – the follow up.
- Sales networking – turning warm leads into hot results
- 12:00 - 12:30 Registration and Refreshments
- 12:30 - 13:30 CPD Event
By the end of the session, delegates will be able to:
- build an understanding of the importance of and multiple purposes networking;
- understand the need to adopt a professional structured approach to our networking strategy and how to do it;
- learn how to maximise the benefits of specific networking events through pre-event planning and preparation, best practice at the event, and timely follow up post-event
Please note: This event is a regional collaboration between the local institutes in the area. Your booking details will be shared with the Insurance Institute of Sheffield, which is acting as the host institute for this event.
This demonstrates the quality of an event and that it meets CII member CPD scheme requirements.
1 hour's CPD can be claimed for this event if relevant to your learning and development needs.
It is recommended that you keep any evidence of the CPD activity you have completed and upload copies to the recording tool as the CII may ask to see this if your record is selected for review. Details of the scheme can be viewed online at www.cii.co.uk/cpd.