Personal Injury Claims - Where Next?
Overview of Webinar
Over the last 30 years, few areas of the insurance market have seen such frequent and significant changes than that of personal injury claims.
Various reforms have been introduced in attempts to tackle sensitive issues such as access to justice, fraud, legal fees and their effect on premium levels. Unsurprisingly these have generated strong feelings on all sides of the argument.
The Civil Liability Act, now scheduled to take effect in April 2021, will introduce what are likely to be the most sweeping changes yet.
This presentation looks at the background to the current market for injury claims and how it will be affected by the CLA. It predicts the likely consequences for insurers, intermediaries, claimants and the insuring public and takes into account other topical and disrupting factors in the Motor market such as Ogden, general claims inflation and now the dramatic onset of Covid-19.
The webinar will be of value to those involved in Motor claims, underwriting, broking or anyone wishing to widen their knowledge of a highly topical and sometimes contentious aspect of general insurance.
At the end of this event, the delegate will be able to identify:
- The background and development of the personal injury market
- The features of the Civil Liability Act 2018 as they affect personal injury claims in England & Wales
- The likely consequences for insurers, intermediaries, law firms, claimants and the insuring public
- Other imminent influences on the Motor sector, notably Covid-19
- Ideas for communication strategies when dealing with clients and potential claimants