Sheffield Hallam University - Meeting Industry
CAN YOU HELP?
Following the successful event during Freshers Week in 2017 the Insurance Institute of Sheffield (IIS) is arranging another joint event with Sheffield Hallam University to introduce the world of insurance to the next generation.
We’re hosting an event for the students on the Finance, Investment, Economics’ & Business, and Accountancy courses.
Agenda and Timings;
• 1.00pm – 1.30pm set-up of room
• 1.30pm – 1.40pm Welcome/Housekeeping – Damion Taylor of Sheffield Hallam University
• 1:40pm - Introduction from Jean Cookson (IIS Immediate Past President) and Vivine Cameron of the CII
• 2:00pm –The World of Insurance - An Broker’s Perspective – Lauren Quincey, ProAktive
• 2:15pm – A Post Graduate’s experience (Lewis Rump of Aviva, and former SHU student)
• 2.30pm – 3.30pm – Meet the Industry Representatives
We’ll be talking to the students from all three years of the courses – Freshers to Final Year students now starting to look towards employment.
We need your help – We’re looking for 10-15 local businesses to support the session on “Meet the Industry”. We plan to host an ‘Open Floor’ style session with the various businesses placed around the room so that Students can come and talk to you about your career, businesses and any Post-Graduate or Apprenticeship Schemes you may offer. Refreshments will be available.
We’re happy for you to bring a stand/company banner and any relevant material you may have.
If you’d like to support the event please email our Secretary at email@example.com
Insurance Institute of Sheffield