- Phil Willis
Welcome to the website of The Insurance Institute of Bedford and Milton Keynes.
I am delighted and privileged to have been asked to be your President in the Centenary year of this Institute. I would firstly like to thank Rachel Kirkup for being President over the last three years. Without her commitment and hard work this institute would not exist. We now continue the journey to rebuild this great institute for future generations to enjoy and to create new memories for everyone involved.
As with many things, we are totally reliant on volunteers and currently have just 6 enthusiastic council members who have a desire to make this institute a success. However, we do need more help to enable us to put on more events and to create great memories. As we emerge from the Pandemic, we want to deliver more face-to-face educational events and increase the number of social events where we can all network.
We have set ourselves a very challenging programme with a focus on:-
- Delivering a centenary dinner in Bedford, close to where it originated.
- Encourage more people to be involved with our events and to get involved with council
- Working closer with the surrounding Institutes
- Encouraging and create new opportunities for people to join our great industry
- Help people to move their job into a career
- Encourage employers and their staff to become involved with us
If you would like to be involved, want to make a difference, and think you can spare a little time to help in any way possible then please get in contact with us and we will be delighted to answer and questions
Phil Willis A.C.I.I. Chartered Insurer