- Alycia Thomson ACII Chartered Insurance Broker
Welcome to the Insurance Institute of Norwich.
It is an honour and privilege to be President of this fantastic institute and I am very much looking forward to the year ahead.
I never imagined I would be taking over the Presidency in the middle of lockdown and of course my thoughts are with all of our members and their families, in these unprecedented times. Our day to day lives have all seen a significant change over the past weeks, with many people now working from home and facing other challenges. The Insurance Institute of Norwich (IIN) council are stepping up to the challenge in membership needs and our educational committee have continued their great work, putting together a selection of online seminars. Who knows what might happen, we could be hosting our annual dinner over a Zoom call!
During my Presidential year my focus will be on Engagement. This will include:
- Delivering an engaging and high quality CPD events programme for both our CII and PFS members
- Raising the profile of the Insurance Institute of Norwich amongst its new and younger members via the New Professionals Group
- Continuing our work to raise the profile of the IIN to grow and encourage networking and sharing of best practices with non-members and members alike
- Creating and growing an effective Social Media presence
I’d also like to continue building on the close relationship between the IIN and local The Personal Finance Society council. I really feel this collaboration is so important and allows us to develop our educational and social programme to reach a wider audience in both sectors in and around Norwich.
Our chosen charity for this year is Norfolk and Waveney Mind, who are a mental health charity that believe no one should have to face a mental health problem alone. They work to reduce the stigma associated with mental health, support people in their recovery and champion better services for all. It was really important to me to support a local charity which makes a real difference in the community. Check out their website for more information – http://www.norfolkandwaveneymind.org.uk/
We are always looking for members to join us on the council and are open to new ideas. If you are interested in joining us please contact me.