- Chris Boggis Dip CII
Welcome to the Insurance Institute of Peterborough (IIP) website.
As the insurance and financial services industries accelerate into a future of constant evolution, technological advancement and unceasing competition; staff need the right tools to stay abreast of the curve.
This is where local institutes come in. Our prime directive is to support continuous professional development using a wide array of methods, typically comprising:
- Technical, market and regulatory CPD events
- Soft skills and business-related training
- Social and networking activities
- Student career guidance and mentoring
- Local news and market information
Peterborough is no exception and we demonstrated this in the last twelve months of lockdown by giving our members access to nearly 40 online CPD events, which includes module-specific support sessions, technical webinars and guidance for improving our core skills.
April 2021 sees me entering my third term as President of the IIP and I wouldn't be President without having term objectives:
- To continue to reap the benefits of virtual CPD sessions and collaboration with neighbouring institutes
- Continuing to grow the number of active council members, particularly by reaching out to young insurance professionals
- Planning to kick-start our social event programme as soon as permissible
- Supporting the CII’s mentoring scheme at a local level, offering support and guidance to our community
My third aim is a hopeful one - we were extremely disappointed to not be able to offer a 2021 Annual Dinner to our community, especially given how enjoyable to 2020 one was! If the government's roadmap continues, it is possible that our social calendar will include a dinner in February 2022.
We could do with some help with the last aim. All of our council members are volunteers, without whom we would not be able to provide a vital resource to the local insurance market. We are always on the lookout for individuals who either want to give something back to the community, make new contacts through networking or just have a bit of fun! If you want to develop using a resource outside of your day job you could do a LOT worse than getting involved.
Regardless of the progress of our fight against COVID-19, I am excited to be starting my third term in office and look forward to seeing many of our members soon