Commercial Claims Handling
This half day interactive workshop for those who already have some experience in Commercial insurance claims and will include opportunities for discussion and application of knowledge using case studies.
In addition to the main topics, the workshop will review the fundamental aspects of Commercial Claims handling.
By the end of this event, delegates will be able to explain:
- the importance of effective reporting procedures and the accuracy and discipline in maintaining claims files
- the importance of proactive approach to claims handling and appropriate reserving and how this contributes to the overall performance of insurers
- key areas of dispute in relation to Property, Business Interruption and Liability claims particularly
- appropriate means of investigating liability and how to research and interpret case law
- key considerations in relation to the valuation of claims
- the importance of managing customer expectations and the trauma associated with claims
This workshop will cover the following areas:
- various categories of claim e.g. Property, Business Interruption, Liability
- methods used to investigate claims and the parties involved
- implementing of decisions, particularly with reference to policy cover, terms and conditions etc.
- importance of reserves and their monitoring
- settlement options available
- importance of managing customers’ expectations
- insurers’ approach to dealing with potential fraud
- CMA House
- Newham Road
- TR1 2SU
This demonstrates the quality of an event and that it meets CII member CPD scheme requirements.
4 hours' CPD can be claimed for this event if relevant to your learning and development needs.
It is recommended that you keep any evidence of the CPD activity you have completed and upload copies to the recording tool as the CII may ask to see this if your record is selected for review. Details of the scheme can be viewed online at www.cii.co.uk/cpd.