We aim to deliver on 3 key areas; Education and Professional Development, Networking and CII Awareness and Charitable Activity.
Education and Professional Development
We provide Seminars to local CII members to enable completion of CPD requirements. These seminars when face to face are usually held at the Ageas Bowl, Hedge End near Southampton on a monthly basis at either lunchtime or occasionally breakfast meetings. More recently we have organised events and delivered them remotely via webinar, which are in addition recorded for future reference.
We also organise Exam Study courses and assist in sourcing and staffing exam centres allowing a local venue to be provided in which members can take their CII exams.
- CPD (Continuing Professional Development) - The heart of our efforts
- Awards - We recognise local excellence by offering awards for the best examination results locally
- Investment in Staff – Developing employees to the best of their abilities
- Insurance Institute of Southampton Achiever Award - Showcasing outstanding performance by someone who has shone in their professional capacity. Just being nominated is an acknowledgement of an ‘above and beyond’ contribution to the profession.
Networking and Promoting the CII Locally
We organise social events for local CII members so that they can network. Normally there include two quiz nights and we have also arranged and hosted bowling nights, a sunset trip to Marwell Zoo and a networking event at the Spinnaker Tower. In addition there is an annual charity Golf day in June and lastly our flagship social event of the local CII calendar is our Annual Dinner.
We also seek to complement the central CII by helping to roll out initiatives such as the Aldermanbury Declaration and Professionalism on a local basis.
We work hard to raise money for the Insurance Charities which helps anyone who has been in the industry at any time for more than a few years with financial support if they fall on hard times. Our Charity visitor, Paul Cockcroft -Oliver acts as a vital link between the Charities and our Institute ensuring that the appropriate assistance is provided.
- Fundraising for The Insurance Charities and our President’s chosen charity including Hampshire Air Ambulance and World Cancer
- Local Visits on behalf of the Insurance Charities
- Fundraising - over £4,000 raised in 2019 and the Insurance Institute of Southampton has won the Charities Shield Award twice in recognition of our efforts. First was an outright win, followed by a joint win in our Centenary year
For more information about the Insurance Charities please see the specific page on this website.