September 2018 CPD Event - Tuesday 18 September 2018 - A presentation by Maina Wagiciengo MSc ACMA
- Provide an overview of BI components and accounting terminology.
- Understand some of key BI concepts including:
- Accounting Gross Profit versus Insured Gross Profit
- The significance of the Adjustments clause
- Drivers of turnover & projecting turnover into the loss period
- Discuss the rise of ‘big data’ and changes in technology and the implications in loss quantification.
The Speaker: Mr. Maina Wagiciengo MSc ACMA
Maina is a Senior Manager in FAS (Forensic Advisory Services) Global, a division of Sedgwick Cunningham Lindsey UK.
Over the last 10 years Maina has worked on a variety of business interruption assignments including loss of profits, increased costs of working and stock recoveries with values ranging from £100,000 to values in excess of £100million.
Prior to joining FAS Global in 2016, Maina previously worked at Charles Taylor Plc and MDD UK LLP.
This demonstrates the quality of an event and that it meets CII member CPD scheme requirements.
1 hour's CPD can be claimed for this event if relevant to your learning and development needs.
It is recommended that you keep any evidence of the CPD activity you have completed and upload copies to the recording tool as the CII may ask to see this if your record is selected for review. Details of the scheme can be viewed online at www.cii.co.uk/cpd.