PFS CPD Seminar - Protection
The Insurance Institute of Cardiff invites you to a CPD Breakfast Seminar on the topic of 'Protection'.
Event details are;
Thursday 8th November 2018
Holiday Inn Cardiff North M4/J32
Merthyr Road, Tongwynlais, Cardiff, CF15 7LH
Registration from 09:00 for a 09:30 start. Breakfast Rolls and refreshments will be served from 09:00. Please inform me of any specific dietary requirements.
Event close approximately 11:00
The Seminar will be led by David Griffiths, Franchise Director at Vitality (South Wales)
- To quantify the business protection opportunity for advisers, and how advisers can best develop this market.
- Understand business owner's attitude to risk within the context of business protection and the areas of risk that business protection products protect.
- Understanding the need for key person cover and how to set up key person cover for different types of businesses.
- Understand the treatment of premiums and policy proceeds for taxation purposes and also how to calculate the appropriate sum assured for key person policies.
- Understand how to set up the different types of share protection arrangements and the supporting agreements for share protection and how these offer.
- Understand how to arrive at an appropriate sum assured for a share protection arrangement and the need for premium equalisation.
- Understand the criteria for a relevant life plan and these policies are structured in a tax efficient manner. Illustrate the potential savings a customer can achieve through writing a Relevant Life Plan.
As attendance will be on a first come first served basis please email Kelvyn Hatch at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07710 247173 to secure your place
This demonstrates the quality of an event and that it meets CII member CPD scheme requirements.
1 1/2 hours' CPD can be claimed for this event if relevant to your learning and development needs.
It is recommended that you keep any evidence of the CPD activity you have completed and upload copies to the recording tool as the CII may ask to see this if your record is selected for review. Details of the scheme can be viewed online at www.cii.co.uk/cpd.