IDD and SMCR Refresher
It has been more than 10 years since the banking crisis and the start of the recession. This new half day IIC&SE seminar will ask 'What did we learn?'
Has company culture changed enough to alter behaviour? Has our profession regained public trust? Is differential pricing for new customers ever justifiable? Will new moves to 'name and shame' poor value products boost public confidence or enhance distrust? Is 'whistleblowing' working? Are you ready for SMCR? How will the conduct rules impact your staff?
By the end of this event delegates will have gained an insight into:
- Current topics of concern to the FCA - culture, pricing, customers' best interests, value measures and due diligence;
- A re-cap on IDD – key issues;
- The New Senior Managers regime, Certification requirements and Conduct Rules that will apply to all relevant staff.
This session will include:
- FCA’s mission, the harm in financial services and that underlying everything, firms should have customers' interests at the heart of their business. Current issues of interest and what firms should be doing about them. This will include culture, which is a key driver in firm's behaviour, differential pricing (whereby existing customers are charged more than new customers), the requirement under IDD to act in the customers' best interests, the proposed value measures as an indicator of poor value products, due diligence on insurers and whistleblowing plus the FCA Business Plan for 2019/20.
- What is advice and how should it be provided to the customer, compulsory minimum training, exemption for mere introducing, etc.
- Those attending will also be taken through the Senior Managers and Certification Regime that becomes law on 9 December 2019 and what firms need to do. We will draw up a Statement of Responsibility (GI broker) and who could become Certified and how the Conduct Rules will apply to all staff.
Feedback from previous CII hosted sessions:
Very knowledgeable speaker; Expert, clarity and engagement were key strengths;
Engaging discussions and presentation style - very informative but explained clearly;
Very useful output in terms of slides and how to implement SMCR; Openness of debate and real life case studies.
Branko Bjelobaba FCII, Senior Consultant on FCA Compliance & CII Accredited Advanced General Insurance Trainer, Branko Ltd.
Branko Bjelobaba has worked for 31 years across the sector and latterly at PwC and GISC and has led his own consultancy practice for 15 years. He works closely with BIBA (and has published their compliance manual since 2004) and the CII and has provided countless well-received training events throughout the UK. He was recipient of the London Market People Award for Legal and Compliance in 2017.
This demonstrates the quality of an event and that it meets CII member CPD scheme requirements.
3 hours' CPD can be claimed for this event if relevant to your learning and development needs.
It is recommended that you keep any evidence of the CPD activity you have completed and upload copies to the recording tool as the CII may ask to see this if your record is selected for review. Details of the scheme can be viewed online at www.cii.co.uk/cpd.