Webinar - EL,PL and Products Liability
This webinar looks at providing an overview of the essential insurance covers of employers liability, public liability and products liability, what these policies cover and how a client could become legally liable.
The presentation will be provided by Alan Chandler, one of the most popular presenters in the UK, and Alan will in his usual plain English style look to enable delegates to gain a full understanding of liability insurance and why current limits of indemnity may no longer be enough.
By attending this event, delegates will be able to identify:
- how an employer can become liable for injuries to their staff.
- how liability can arise through negligence as well as understanding the statutory obligations of an employer and how these affect liabilities.
- how an EL policy deals with these liabilities if set up correctly.
- how an insured can become legally liable for third party injury and property damage, how a public liability policy deals with these liabilities and the problems that could happen if cover is set up incorrectly.
- how an insured can become legally liable for third party injury and property damage following the supply of products, how the tort of negligence and strict liability under the consumer protection act 1987 affects your clients, and how a products liability policy deals with these liabilities.
Alan Chandler - Insurance Training & Consultancy
Alan has undertaken operational management roles in three major global companies running underwriting, broking and claims functions. In order to fulfil a long-term ambition, he set up his own training company, something that he had always longed to do as he is passionate about training.
Since then he has trained over two thousand people to become ACII qualified including six individuals who have achieved the best ACII completion in the whole of the United Kingdom, he has also trained many national prize winners.
Alan has delivered training for almost all the institutes in the UK over the past few years with his enthusiastic presenting style proving very popular. He is one of the few individuals who can teach at all levels of the Cii examinations, he teaches almost all certificate, diploma and advanced diploma subjects and is one of the few people who can take someone from certificate all the way through to fully qualified ACII and his pass rates exceeds 96%. Alan has presented across Europe on many technical subjects to companies including Allianz, Zurich, Aviva, Aon, Marsh Willis, Gallagher, Towergate and GRP. He has been involved in the setting up of many diploma and advanced diploma programmes in both the UK and Ireland and is driven by a passion to see increased professionalism within the insurance industry.
More recently Alan has been at the forefront of the webinar revolution delivering large amounts of content across Europe. A number of his recent pieces of work have been published internationally.
This demonstrates the quality of an event and that it meets CII member CPD scheme requirements.
1 hour's CPD can be claimed for this event if relevant to your learning and development needs.
It is recommended that you keep any evidence of the CPD activity you have completed and upload copies to the recording tool as the CII may ask to see this if your record is selected for review. Details of the scheme can be viewed online at www.cii.co.uk/cpd.