Coaching and Mentoring
>> Event Overview
This session is designed for anyone who is involved with sharing their knowledge and expertise with others. Particularly suitable when:
- a new person joins/takes on new responsibilities
- departments have additional work
- new work practices are being introduced
>> Learning Objectives
By the end of the event, participants will be able to:
- understand the skills of effective coaching/mentoring and also the potential barriers
- learn how to carefully observe and access skilss
- provide effective feedback as a coach
- plan and deliver a short coaching session
- facilitate the coach/mentee to identify clear action points for the future
>> More about our speaker
Katherine is a professionally qualified trainer and consultant with a global financial services background. She has been involved with learning and development since 1988, working with one of the large brokers, and with a variety of organisations as an independant consultant. Katherine works with organisations to help them identify talent, develop staff, and manage learning.
She delivers business training, management development and leadership coaching for a range of clients in the sector including: Allianz, Aon, Channel Syndicate, EY, Gissings, HSBC, Liberty Syndicates, KPMG, Merchant Navy Pension Administration, NIBC Bank, RAC Motoring - Insurance Services, Royal Bank of Scotland, Skandia and SBJ.
This demonstrates the quality of an event and that it meets CII member CPD scheme requirements.
1 hour's CPD can be claimed for this event if relevant to your learning and development needs.
It is recommended that you keep any evidence of the CPD activity you have completed and upload copies to the recording tool as the CII may ask to see this if your record is selected for review. Details of the scheme can be viewed online at www.cii.co.uk/cpd.