How to correctly advise policyholders on the Policy coverage gaps caused by the Covid-19 lockdown
>> Event Overview
The Covid-19 lockdown has created far more gaps in covers than most brokers realise, and this webinar takes a look at where these coverage gaps arise and how best to advise your clients on these issues.
Alan Chandler, who is widely regarded as one of the most popular insurance speakers in the UK will be providing this webinar on the essential things a broker must take into account. These will include his top ten tips which if followed will mean broking staff will be very busy.
Topics covered are:
- Many policies do not cover equipment whilst in employees home - are you sure your client has the right cover?
- What should you inform your policyholders about the potential new EL and PL risks that arise whilst employees are at home, and what is the coverage position on furloughing?
- Why a broker needs to be very careful about which insurer they place coverage with going forward, particularly in relation to declarations.
- There is a significantly increased D&O and Employment Practices exposure - these covers have never been more important, how well are you advising clients on their increased exposure?
- The cyber risk has increased dramatically - are you informing your clients of the critical need for cyber cover?
- Why it has never been more important to get your clients onto a declaration linked basis for Bi - this is much more than the uplift in coverage.
- What is the contract law position on payment holidays?
- Will the unoccupancy period invalidate part or all of your clients cover?
- Should the client be thinking of going onto laid up cover for part of their fleet coverage?
- What is the position of the Insurance Act 2015 on changes policyholders are having to make to their business?
>> Learning Objectives
By the end of the session, participants will be able to understand:
- the correct position on contents at home coverage under a commercial policy
- the position on EL/PL coverage as it relates to the Covid-19 lockdown.
- the increased D&O and cyber exposure caused by the Covid-19 lockdown.
- the legal position on payment holidays.
- the advantage of being on a declaration linked Bi policy.
- how unoccupancy could affect policy coverage.
- how the Insurance act 2015 applies to the Covid-19 lockdown.
>> More about our speaker
Alan has been an operations and project manager in three large global companies . NatWest insurance services , Royal Bank of Scotland insurance group and Allianz.
In the last ten years running his own training company he has taken more than 2.000 people to Acii including six people who have achieved the top ACII pass rate in the whole of the UK. He has trained national prize winners in almost all CII subjects, has been a CII examiner and has a pass rate of 96% in cii training
This demonstrates the quality of an event and that it meets CII member CPD scheme requirements.
1 hour's CPD can be claimed for this event if relevant to your learning and development needs.
It is recommended that you keep any evidence of the CPD activity you have completed and upload copies to the recording tool as the CII may ask to see this if your record is selected for review. Details of the scheme can be viewed online at www.cii.co.uk/cpd.