PFS Pre Exam Revision - J05 (Pension Income Options)
>> Event Overview
The Personal Finance Society Hants and Dorset, Surrey & Thames Valley Regional Committees in association with the Insurance Institutes of Bournemouth, Guildford, Reading and Southampton have organised training days for those members who are studying for and taking the JO2 and J05 examinations.
At this point in time we do not know if we will run this as an online distance learning event or a face to face training day. This will depend on HM Government’s guidelines in the Autumn and where we are re the lockdown and what the PFS and CII nationally are advising us. Even if the lockdown measures are eased from September onwards, we will need to find a suitable venue that can cater for social distancing and has suitable hand sanitising facilities. However, we have the option of running this event as an ‘online distance learning’ training day if a traditional face to face training day is not an option.
Further details available at: CII Exams (Coronavirus Update)
>> Learning Objectives
By the end of the course delegates will be able to:
- Identify the main sources of later life income using both pension and non-pension assets.
- Identify the different options open to members with money purchase benefits at minimum pension age and explain their risks and rewards.
- Identify the requirements to qualify for an ill health pension and a serious ill health lump sum payment.
- Identify the options available on the death of the member for both crystallised and uncrystallised funds together with the taxation of these.
- Identify the factors an adviser needs to establish in order to give appropriate advice on the most suitable method of taking benefits.
- Identify an appropriate investment strategy for an individual in Drawdown to achieve a sustainable income.
- Understand how a final salary scheme member’s pension will be paid and accurately calculate the maximum Pension Commencement Lump Sum.
- Understand how a member’s benefits in a final salary scheme are protected.
- Identify the main Benefit Crystallisation Events and calculate accurately the member’s remaining lifetime allowance including circumstances where the member has transitional protection.
- Understand the key elements of the State Pension for both pre 2016 and post 2016 systems.
Delegates will have covered the key elements of the JO5 syllabus with the emphasis on the CII Learning Outcomes; and will have been introduced to the exam format and adopting a suitable exam technique.
The cost of each days training will be £41 for PFS members and £51 for non-PFS members.
>> More about our speaker
The course trainer is John Trayner FCII FPFS, a CII approved trainer, who has supported the Personal Finance Society Hants and Dorset Region’s exam revision programme since 2018.
>> To book your place / for more info
Your attendance will be confirmed once you have booked online. There is a maximum of 12 attendees on each day. If we are oversubscribed, you will be placed on a waiting list.
To attend, please book online via the following link:
Any questions please email the Personal Finance Society Hants and Dorset Regional Committee on firstname.lastname@example.org.
This demonstrates the quality of an event and that it meets CII member CPD scheme requirements.
5 1/2 hours' CPD can be claimed for this event if relevant to your learning and development needs.
It is recommended that you keep any evidence of the CPD activity you have completed and upload copies to the recording tool as the CII may ask to see this if your record is selected for review. Details of the scheme can be viewed online at www.cii.co.uk/cpd.