J10 Discretionary Investment Management Remote Study Course March 2021
This event will be held via video webinar.
If you have any questions please contact Susan Stamp at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 07933 998426.
Part 1 – Tuesday 2 March 2021 9.30 am - 1.00 pm
Part 2 - Wednesday 3 March 2021 9.30 am - 1.00 pm
Part 1 - Monday 8 March 2021 9.30 am - 1.00 pm
Part 2 - Tuesday 9 March 2021 9.30 am - 1.00 pm
J10 - Discretionary Investment Management
This two-module course aims to significantly improve delegates' chances of passing their J10 exam by developing an understanding of the key technical points that are likely to be tested.
The programme will consist of two modules to give delegates more time to build up their knowledge and understanding.
Led by John Trayner, a CII Approved Trainer, each of the two modules will provide a full 6 hours’ CPD. The cost of this two-module course is £140 for CII/PFS members (£180 for non-members). If you would like to join us for this event, please click on the Book Now button below. (Please note, to benefit from the discounted rate, you will be required to provide your membership number at the time of booking.)
Payment can be made by credit/debit card or you can request an invoice to pay offline by cheque or BACS transfer. Credit/debit card payments can only be accepted online at the time of booking and not afterwards.
Course Dates and Objectives
The dates of this course are set out below. By the end of each module, delegates will be able to:
Module 1 - Tuesday 2 March 2021 and Wednesday 3 March 2021
- understand what J10 seeks to test and the structure of the exam
- calculate and interpret the key performance measures of cash, bonds and equities
- calculate and interpret the main financial ratios from a company’s profit and loss account and balance sheet
- understand the different types of risk and how these can be mitigated
- understand the principles of Modern Portfolio Theory and its limitations
Module 2 - Monday 8 March 2021 and Tuesday 9 March 2021
- understand the key economic indicators and how these can impact on the performance and suitability of investment
- understand the differences between advisory and discretionary management
- understand the main investment strategies used by investment managers in portfolio construction
- understand how different asset classes and products can be used in a portfolio to meet the individual needs of clients
- understand the main methods of performance measurement and how these can be interpreted
Please note that these webinars will be run using Zoom technology and you may need to install relevant software onto your computer, tablet, etc in order to follow the webinars.
Full joining instructions will be sent to delegates ahead of the first session.
About our speaker
John has over 40 years’ experience in insurance and financial services. Not surprisingly most of his former employers no longer exist because of mergers and takeovers. For example he joined Leeds Permanent Building Society in 1986 and at retirement was working for Lloyds Banking Group even though he’d never changed employers! The last 15 years were spent in the training department specialising in professional exams.
Not wishing to spend retirement watching daytime TV he decided to become a freelance trainer specialising in helping people to pass the CII’s Financial Services exams.
John is a Chartered Insurance Practitioner and a Fellow of both the Chartered Insurance Institute and the Personal Finance Society.
- ZOOM WEBINAR
This demonstrates the quality of an event and that it meets CII member CPD scheme requirements.
6 hours' CPD can be claimed for this event if relevant to your learning and development needs.
It is recommended that you keep any evidence of the CPD activity you have completed and upload copies to the recording tool as the CII may ask to see this if your record is selected for review. Details of the scheme can be viewed online at www.cii.co.uk/cpd.