Fraudulent Claims by Jeff Heasman
There is an analysis of how the courts have dealt with the different categories of fraudulent claims that are typically encountered by insurers and how an insurer's remedies will be impacted by the provisions of the Insurance Act 2015 when they come into force. The key question to be addressed is, have the courts and the legislature now appropriately addressed the grey areas that have existed in this aspect of insurance law? There are practical tips and examples on how an insurer should deal with fraudulent claims in light of recent decisions.
At the end of this event, participants will be able to:
- Identify the key elements of the fraudulent claims rule and its historical development
- Recognise the main categories of fraudulent claims and the most up to date decisions of the courts relating to each
- Understand the relevant provisions of the Insurance Act 2015 and how these will impact on how an insurer may deal with fraudulent claims and the remedies available to an insurer
- Apply the knowledge gained from the seminar to deal more effectively with, and find practical solutions to, the types of fraudulent claims that are typically encountered by an insurer
- Critically analyse the current state of the law relating to fraudulent claims and find novel solutions to any remaining grey areas
This demonstrates the quality of an event and that it meets CII member CPD scheme requirements.
1 hour's CPD can be claimed for this event if relevant to your learning and development needs.
It is recommended that you keep any evidence of the CPD activity you have completed and upload copies to the recording tool as the CII may ask to see this if your record is selected for review. Details of the scheme can be viewed online at www.cii.co.uk/cpd.