- Karen Rose
I was very honoured to have been asked to be President for a third time last year to cover the period of our Centenary in 2020. I am now in my 30th year on council having joined in 1990 so it's a double celebration for me. I am proud to remain the President for another 12 months particularly during this special time in the Institute's history. Our Centenary year unfortunately hasn't turned out the way we wanted it to due to COVID-19! However there are many positives that we can take from the 2019-20 institute year. The Centenary Celebration Launch held in January was well attended with past Presidents, past council members, institute members and others from the local insurance and financial services community, the Insurance Charities and our three nominated charities, British Heart Foundation, Launchpad Reading and No.5 Young People. Our 2019-20 CPD programme provided 57 hours of CPD with a CPD webinar programme from 26th March with 12 events to date in response to the challenge of continuing our services to our membership and local insurance and financial services community
My objectives for 2020-21 are the same as last year
- To raise awareness of our institute within the community during our Centenary year with special events and local fundraising
- To maintain our CPD events programme providing a diverse and topical selection of sessions that will appeal to all areas of our membership and maintaining our status as a CII Accredited Training Provider;
- To build more connections with local employers and members;
- To deliver a programme of social and networking events to improve our links with the members and wider insurance community including Personal Finance Society and Young Professional members as well as charitable fundraising events for The Insurance Charities and nominated charities ,the British Heart Foundation, Launchpad (Reading based charity for the homeless) and the No.5 Young People (Reading mental health charity supporting children and young adults up to the age of 25);
- To support careers events in our area in universities, colleges, schools and local education partnership agencies and the CII’s Education Champions at local level AND
- To celebrate 100 years as a local insurance institute!
The Council and I look forward to meeting you at one of our events when we can!