Exam Cram - AF1 Revision Workshop
Personal Tax & Trust Planning
The Insurance Institute of Sussex is hosting a number of revision workshops to help our student members and others who are working towards their core insurance and financial services exams.
Our series begins on Monday 12 September with a full day revision workshop led by John Traynor, focusing on the key technical points which are likely to be tested in the exam and it costs just £50 for members (£100 for non-members).
By the end of the day, delegates will be able to:
- calculate a liability to income, capital gains and inheritance tax for individuals whose situation is typical of those tested in previous AF1 papers
- explain the tax treatment of the main pooled investments, both on and off shore, and apply those rules to practical situations faced by the average investor
- explain the characteristics and restrictions in the main tax privileged investments, using only the information provided in the exam tax tables
- explain the main characteristics of Absolute, Interest in Possession and Discretionary trusts and how income and capital gains are calculated for each
- identify what is a Relevant Property Trust and a Non-Relevant Property Trust and explain how this status affects liability to IHT
To reserve your place for this event, please click on the Book Now button below.
Registration will take place at 9.00am so that the workshop can start promptly at 9.30am. Tea and coffee will be available on arrival and during breaks throughout the day. Please note that lunch is not provided, but a cafeteria is available on-site, or delegates can bring their own food if they prefer.
K2 has free on-site parking available for those attending the workshop and Crawley Station is about one mile from the venue. You can either walk from the station, or the number 2 bus runs approximately every 15 minutes.
This demonstrates the quality of an event and that it meets CII member CPD scheme requirements.
6 hours' CPD can be claimed for this event if relevant to your learning and development needs.
It is recommended that you keep any evidence of the CPD activity you have completed and upload copies to the recording tool as the CII may ask to see this if your record is selected for review. Details of the scheme can be viewed online at www.cii.co.uk/cpd.