Virtual Webinar: Personal Presence & Impact
Virtual Training Overview
Technical competence is clearly important in our role; however, this is only one part of being personally effective. In addition, you need to be able to communicate, connect and influence in order to have a positive impact on others. Impact starts from the moment that you meet someone, face-to-face or virtually, or start talking on the telephone.
In only a few seconds, our approach can build bridges or barriers to the relationship and subsequently, the result that we are striving to achieve. Often the difficulty in this area is that people believe that it is ‘’Just the way they are’ and that they cannot change their personality’’. The key here is that you should not try to change your personality, rather adapt, or change your behaviours.
During the 90-minute virtual session you will have the opportunity to consider some of the key areas of communication and the impact that you have. This will be based on your own self-perception and the impression that you create with others.
The style of the session will be informal, participative, and practical, focussing on the day-to-day challenges that you face. It will require you to undertake a small amount of pre-work as the focus will be on you and the specific issues/objectives that you may have.
The session will be run using Zoom and prior to the webinar you will receive an invite from Adrian Towell of Trafalgar the People Business who will be facilitating the session.
By the end of the session, you will be able to:
- Manage inner thinking to create a positive impact and impression with others
- State the impact of non-verbal behaviour on others (real and perceived)
- Build rapport and read the messages given by others
- Adapt your approach to work with the styles of others
- Identify three personal changes to increase personal presence and impact
What We Will Cover
Setting the Scene
- Webinar Overview
- Identifying Individual Objectives
Building Blocks of Personal Presence & Impact
- ‘’It All Starts with Attitude & Positive Self Thinking’’
- Developing Inner Confidence
- Self-Belief & Positive Thinking
- Linking Inner Thinking to Personal Impact
- ‘’What Impact Do I Have?’’
- Managing How We Present Ourselves – virtually & face-to-face
- Emotional Intelligence
- Reading the Perception of Others
- Marketing Yourself – Personal Brand
- ‘’Assertive Thinking – The Best Result?’’
- Influencing Through Assertiveness
- Assertiveness as a Preferred Behaviour
- Three Actions for Personal Development
- Webinar Evaluation
This demonstrates the quality of an event and that it meets CII member CPD scheme requirements.
1 1/2 hours' CPD can be claimed for this event if relevant to your learning and development needs.
It is recommended that you keep any evidence of the CPD activity you have completed and upload copies to the recording tool as the CII may ask to see this if your record is selected for review. Details of the scheme can be viewed online at www.cii.co.uk/cpd.